Saturday 12 January 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation



Hey Guys, here a quick review of the Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation.

As you guys know if you’ve read some of my previous blogs my skin is really temperamental, it hates change. So I was a bit nervous and optimistic when trying out this product. I did sooo much research before buying it, reading people’s reviews and watching endless YouTube videos about the foundation. I did NOT want to get spots for just trying this product out. Any surprisingly I haven’t =D YESSSS SCORE!!! My skin loves this product just as much as I do.

I am a mineral foundation wearer, I like powders, I like matt, and hate shine. So why buy this product I hear you ask? Because I was desperate for a change!! My skin needed it, I needed it. I was sick of looking dull when wearing my bareMinerals, although I do love them and I’ve been using them for years now it was time for something new, and because of the cold weather here in the UK my skin was getting very dry while using the mineral foundation, and I did NOT want flaky skin!. 

So I headed to my local boots store and picked up the Wake Me Up foundation, which is currently on offer at £5.99…Bargain!. I chose the shade True Nude, after trying them all out on my neck; I was determined to get the right shade. There are only 6 shades to choose from which is why I hate buying drug store foundation! There’s never a colour that suites my skin, either too yellow or too pink. But True Nude seemed to be a good match so off I went and bought it. 

(I wear Medium Beige in my bareMineral foundation, so I’m a medium skin tone) 

I apply this using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush which I adore! How I’ve gone years without using this brush is beyond me! It’s truly amazing and I’ll be doing another blog on my Real Techniques brushes very soon!!  

As I’m a powder foundation lover I was expecting to hate hate hate this. I thought there’s no way this colour will look good on my skin, there’s no way it will give me good coverage, there’s no way it will stay on my skin all day, there’s no way it will not make me look mega shiny. There’s NO way I’m going to like this!! …. But I LOVE it!!! I’m really surprised that I’ve actually FINALLY, after many years of looking and trying different products, found a foundation that not only looks fantastic on my skin, but lasts, doesn’t look too shiny, covers my imperfections and doesn’t break me out!! And I can’t believe I actually stepped out the house without using powder! It may sound silly to you lot but for me it’s a big deal haha! 

I’m mega happy that I’ve finally tried this out and I’m excited to find a lot more foundations that ill love =D

Thanks for reading.

And if you’ve used this please let me know how you got on. Or if you know of any other foundations like this that I may like to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment